Feb 14, 2022
A LOVE STORY GHOST STORY with RICKI LAKE
“We don’t lose our loved ones when they pass. They are still
here… I still think he's as much here with me today as he was when
he was actually alive.” – Ricki Lake
Happy Valentine’s Day!
We are so excited to honor the day by bringing you a
delightfully magic love story from our special guest,
actress/producer Ricki Lake. In keeping with the usual Life,
Death and the Space Between vibe, this love story has a twist
-- it occurs across the veil!
Singing professionally since age 9 – Wow! – Ricki’s film debut
came as the lead role Tracy Turnblad in John Water’s 1988 cult
classic Hairspray. At age just 24, she became the youngest
ever TV daytime talk show host. In her hugely popular show,
Ricki Lake, she invited lively conversation with guests
and engaged the audience with animated candor. Ricki has a long
list of film and TV credits. Most recently, Ricki has produced
illuminating documentaries, including The Business of Being
Born about home birth and midwifery, and The Business of
Birth Control, which is out now.
Ricky shares her very personal experiences in the most open,
Listen in to hear about the incredible string of synchronicity
after synchronicity and how Ricki knows, knows, knows in every cell
of her body that she remains connected with her beloved
And how love, indeed, never dies.
Topics We Discuss:
- [2:19] Ricki’s devastating loss of her ex-husband and beloved
friend Christian to death by suicide. He had suffered horribly from
bipolar manic/depressive episodes and physical pain.
- [4:59] Ricki and Christian’s last night together just days
before his death – against the advice of all of her friends to keep
him at a distance – allowing a beautiful last experience.
- [6:14] Her experience with a psychic who told Ricki where to
find his body.
- [7:44] The message from Christian through a psychic that he
wanted Ricki to “have the ring”. And how Ricki managed to locate
their wedding ring in a pawnshop in Los Angeles.
- [9:15] Although he couldn’t stay on Earth, Ricki feels
Christian orchestrating events and feels his continued devotion and
- [10:18] How another psychic reading gave Ricki details only
Christian would know, giving her peace and validation that
Christian was still with her, and allowing her to climb out of her
grief and to begin to put her life back together.
- [15:25] Even as Ricki was devastated after losing Christian,
she did not feel responsible for his death. She understood how much
he suffered in his life physically and mentally, living with both
his madness and his genius.
- [19:14] How Ricki met her current husband, Ross after a chance
encounter with a friend on the beach. She is in what she calls a
“state of grounded euphoria”, and in the prime of her life at age
- [23:58] Ricki’s advice to finding love at any age: keep your
heart open, really love yourself, and value yourself. There is
hope. There is someone.
- [25:02] Ricki is in the euphoria of love for Ross while
continuing to process her grief over Christian. Grief and love
coexist for her.
- [26:49] How Ricki processed her devastating grief by forcing
herself to get out and walk the dog, forcing herself to smile,
forcing herself to find gratitude.
- [28:45] Her magical marriage to Ross just a month ago. And
another synchronicity where her and Christian’s song came on just
before the wedding ceremony.
- [31:54] How Christian gave Ricki another sign turning on her
backyard lights. When you know it in your heart it is true, you
know it, and it transforms you.
- [36:47] Christian’s past life story as a Native American where
he was killed by a bear while protecting his brother’s life. The
amazing connection to a his bear claw ring that Ricki found in his
things in Ibiza, Spain - where she spread some of his ashes.
- [40:30] Ricki feels close to Christian when she wears or holds
FOLLOW RICKI LAKE
You can find her on social or just search!
SUPPORT DR. AMY ROBBINS:
If you’re enjoying the podcast and finding value in guest
interviews, ghost stories, and the content I share, please consider
supporting the show by becoming a Patreon member for as little as
$5 a month at Patreon.com/DrAmyRobbins
As a member you’ll get more say in the content we cover and
exclusive access to behind-the-scenes goodness!
Stay Connected with Dr. Amy Robbins: